The villa was designed by the French architect Aaron Messiah, and constructed between 1905 and 1912 by Baroness Béatrice de Rothschild (1864–1934).
A member of the Rothschild banking family and the wife of the banker Baron Maurice de Ephrussi, Béatrice de Rothschild built her rose-colored villa on a promontory on the isthmus of Cap Ferrat overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. The Baroness filled the mansion with antique furniture, Old Master paintings, sculptures, objets d'art, and assembled an extensive collection of rare porcelain. The gardens are classified by the French Ministry of Culture as one of the Notable Gardens of France.
On her death in 1934, the Baroness donated the property and its collections to the Académie des Beaux Arts division of the Institut de France and it is now open to the public.
The gardens are in a Venetian style. They are seven gardens on the estate. They were crafted between 1905 and 1912, as Baroness Béatrice de Rothschild had the villa built. The central French style garden is surrounded those of Spanish, Japanese and Florentine design, plus an olive garden, one for exotic plants and a stone garden.
According to en.wikipedia.org