Google LLC has been referred to as the "most powerful company in the world" and one of the world's most valuable brands due to its market dominance, data collection, and technological advantages in the area of artificial intelligence. It is considered one of the Big Five American information technology companies, alongside Amazon, Apple, Meta, Microsoft, and Tesla.
The company’s milestone:
- In 1995, Larry Page and Sergey Brin meet at Stanford University.
- In 1996, the first version of Google is released on the Stanford University website in August.
- In 1997, Google.com is registered.
- In 1998, Google sets up a workspace in a garage in Silicon Valley. Google files for incorporation in California, granted on September 7 - now celebrated as Google's birthday
- In 1999, Google outgrows its garage office and moves to an office with eight employees.
- In 2000, the first 10 language versions of Google.com are released: French, German, Italian, Swedish, Finnish, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian and Danish. Google becomes the world's largest search engine with the first billion-URL index
- In 2001, in its first public acquisition Google buys Deja.com's Usenet Discussion Service, an archive of 500m discussions dating back to 1995.
- In 2002, Google News launched, with 4,000 sources.
- In 2003, American Dialect Society members vote "google" the most useful word of the year for 2002.
- In 2004, Gmail launched.
- In 2005, Google Maps and Google Earth launched, a satellite imagery-based mapping service, followed by Google Talk.
- In 2006, Google goes live in China.
- In 2008, Google surprised launch of new web browser Chrome in September.
- In 2010, Google launches its first branded smartphone, the Nexus One.
- In 2012 – 2013, Google launches Chromecast, a dongle that allows people to stream content from their phones or computers to a TV.
- In 2015, Google folds itself into a new company called Alphabet with Page as its CEO. The new parent company includes businesses like Nest, Google X, Fiber and Google Ventures under its umbrella.
- In 2016, Google enters the home assistant wars with its AI-powered Google Home device. Google launches a flagship phone called the Pixel, billed as “the first phone made by Google inside and out.”
- In 2018, Alphabet, the parent company of Google, reports that it topped $100 billion in annual sales for the first time in Google’s 20-year history.
- In 2020, this year has been full of unexpected events and to begin with Google has updated its iconic logo. Also, Google has updated its map both in IOS and Android. The new update includes new tabs—Explore, commute, saved, contribute, and updates.
According to en.wikipedia; theguardian.com; mirrorreview.com. Source of photo: internet