Omnicom's branded networks and specialty firms provide services in four disciplines: advertising, customer relationship management (CRM), public relations and specialty services. The services included in these disciplines are media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, sports and events marketing, field marketing and brand consultancy.
In 2014, Omnicom was considered the second largest advertising holding company by The Wall Street Journal. It is currently one of the "Big Four" of the advertising industry along with WPP plc, Publicis Groupe and The Interpublic Group of Companies. Omnicom is also consistently featured in the Fortune 500's 250 best performing companies.
With more than 77 000 employees and over 5000 customers in more than 100 countries, Omnicom Group Inc. is considered one of the world's largest joint stock advertising agencies, with more than 1500 agencies connected by the parent company.
The company's milestones:
- In 1986: Allen Rosenshine, Keith Reinhard and John Bernbach (son of William Bernbach) co-created Omnicom in a three-way merger of BBDO Worldwide, Doyle Dane Bernbach and Needham Harper Worldwide.
- Early 1990s: The company slowly bounced back from the recession, with revenue steadily increasing each year after Bruce Crawford returned as CEO of Omnicom.
- In 1996:Omnicom bought Ketchum Communications, which had three strong business segments: traditional advertising, telephone directory advertising, and public relations..
- In 1997: Omnicom is selected as Fortune magazine's most respected advertising group. Also this year, Omnicom also acquired the public relations and directory advertising company Ketchum Communications.
- In 1998: Acquired London's GGT Group and acquired a majority stake in I&S Corporation, one of Japan's top ten advertising agencies.
- In 1999:Omnicom jumped into the burgeoning healthcare marketing field with the creation of Accel Healthcare Communications
- In 2001: Omnicom acquired David Brown Entertainmentt.
- In 2005: Gained blue-chip accounts of big companies like Disney, Bank of America and 7-Eleven.
- In 2014: Omnicom is the second largest agency and has over $15 billion in revenue. Omnicom launched Omniwomen in April 2014 with the goal of increasing the number and influence of female leaders within the organization.
- In 2016: DDB Health is launched.
- In 2017: Omnicom announced that Gracia Martore, former President and CEO of TEGNA Inc., had joined its Board as an independent director.
- In 2018: mnicom Group brought its language strategy agency, maslansky + partners, to Australia. CAlso this year, Omnicom Precision Marketing Group acquired a majority stake in Credera.
According to en.wikipedia.org, referenceforbusiness.com, zippia.com