ASUSTek Computer Inc. is a Taiwanese multinational computer and phone hardware and electronics company headquartered in Beitou District, Taipei, Taiwan. Its products include desktop computers, laptops, netbooks, mobile phones, networking equipment, monitors, wi-fi routers, projectors, motherboards, graphics cards, optical storage, multimedia products, peripherals, wearable, servers, workstations, and tablet PCs. The company is also an original equipment manufacturer (OEM).
Asus has a primary listing on the Taiwan Stock Exchange under the ticker code 2357 and formerly had a secondary listing on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker code ASKD.
(WOWTIMES) ASUS’s history and achievements
- 1989: Asus was founded in Taipei by T.H. Tung, Ted Hsu, Wayne Hsieh and M.T. Liao, all four having previously worked at Acer as hardware engineers.
- 1990: Asus launched EISA 486 mother board, which became the most popular mother board in the world
- 1992: Asus established formal partnership with Intel
- 1996: Asus began trading a public company in Taiwan Stock Exchange
- 1997: Asus launched the first notebook ASUS P6300
- 2000: Asus established its customer service center in China, Japan, Netherland, United State, Czech, and Australia
- 2001: Asus Royal club association was established, providing 24/7 customer service
- 2003: Asus launched first 3G flip phone, J100
- 2005: Asus released the first PhysX accelerator card
- 2006: ROG, the Asus sub-brand was established. Asus was confirmed as one of the manufacturers of the first Microsoft Origami models, together with Samsung and Founder Technology.
- 2007: Asus announced the launch of the Eee PC at COMPUTEX Taipei and launched its first camera, first gaming notebook,etc.
- 2008: Eee PC was name the product of the year by Forbes. Asus launched its first ROG graphic card, first cloud service, etc.
- 2009 – 2015: Asus launched new products constantly.
- 2016: Asus headquarter from UL, for being a zero waste facility
- 2017 – 2022: Asus continuously launched new products with more advance features
Asus operates around 50 service sites across 32 countries and has over 400 service partners worldwide.
According to Wikipedia; Asus