JD.com, Inc., also known as Jingdong and formerly called 360buy, is a Chinese e-commerce company headquartered in Beijing.
JD.com has invested in high tech and AI delivery through drones, autonomous technology and robots, and possesses the largest drone delivery system, infrastructure and capability in the world. It has recently started testing robotic delivery services and building drone delivery airports, as well as operating driverless delivery by unveiling its first autonomous truck.
(WOWTIMES) JD’s history and achievements
- 1998: The company was founded by Liu Qiangdong
- 2004: JD’s retail platform went online as jdlaser.com, starting their internet operations and competing directly with others firms like Alibaba
- 2007: The company changed its domain name to 360buy.com
- 2010: 360buy.com started an online bookstore. CDs, DVDs, and ebooks were added in the following months.
- 2013: the company's domain name was changed to JD.com
- 2015: JD.com launched its Russian site aimed to expand its business globally
- 2017: JD.com and Walmart cooperated and launched the first annual JD-Walmart August 8 shopping festival
- 2018: JD.com opened its first chain of high-tech supermarkets 7Fresh. JD.com invested in Vietnam's online retail service tiki.vn. JD.com also invested in France & the Uk, and also released its spin-off JD Finance
- 2022: JD.com partnered with Shopify to begin selling Shopify's brands via its cross-border e-commerce site in China.
According to Wikipedia