LONGi Green Energy Technology Co. Ltd., formerly Xi'an Longi Silicon Materials Corporation, is a major Chinese manufacturer of photovoltaic solar modules and a developer of solar power projects. LONGi is the world largest manufacturer of monocrystalline silicon wafers and is listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
LONGI Silicon Materials is engaged in the research, manufacture and distribution of monocrystalline ingots. It is the world's largest monocrystalline silicon manufacturer, and has rapidly broken world solar efficiency records three times within five months. Fast Company listed Xi'an LONGi Silicon Materials one among "Most Innovative Companies 2013" "for supplying the solar industry with high-quality silicon wafers at low cost".
LONGi has been called the fastest growing PV manufacturer in the industry. LONGi annual revenue in 2013 was derived entirely from selling around US$330 million of mono c-Si wafers, but by 2016 that annual revenue had skyrocketed to approximately US$1.67 billion. That was a nearly 94% increase over the 2015 fiscal year, which had itself generated a revenue growth of around 61% over the year before.
The company’s milestones:
- On Feb.14th,2000, Xi’an Xinmeng Electronic Technology Co., Ltd., the predecessor of LONGi, was established.
- 2002, Xi'an LONGi Silicon Technology Co., Ltd., was established.
- 2004, Xi'an Lumei Single Crystal Silicon Co., Ltd. was established.
- 2005, The first batch of 18 monocrystalline silicon furnaces began operations, with a production capacity of “device-level” mono silicon ingots up to 30 tons per year.
- 2007, The company name was changed to Xi’an LONGi Silicon Materials Co., Ltd.
- 2008, Xi'an Tongxin Semiconductor Accessories Co., Ltd. was established.
- 2010, The Wuxi Project of LONGi (Phase I) was built, with a production capacity of mono silicon wafers up to 600 MW.
- 2011, The LONGi Research and Development Center was founded.
- 2012, LONGi was officially listed on the main board of the Shanghai Stock Exchange (stock code: SH601012). Production expansion was completed, with wafer production capacity growing to to 1 GW.
- 2013, For the first time, LONGi’s annual wafer shipments exceeded 1 GW.
- 2014, Xi’an LONGi Clean Energy Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of LONGi, was officially established, marking LONGi’s formal entry into the EPC business of solar power plants. LONGi merged with Zhejiang LERRI Solar Technology Co., Ltd. and extended its business to the solar cell and module sector.
- 2015, Xi’an LONGi New Energy Co., Ltd. (formerly LERRI Solar Energy Co., Ltd.) was registered, and the company began to develop its distributed solar business.
- 2016, LONGi (Kuching) SDN. BHD., the first overseas production base, was founded. The LONGi Employer Brand was officially released. LONGi New Energy Division of the Thai subsidiary was established.
- 2019, The rated power of the LONGi 72/144 half-cell module exceeded 450 W, setting a new world record.
- 2021, Xi'an LONGi Hydrogen Energy Technology Co., Ltd was established. LONGi Green Energy Exhibition Hall opened.
According to wikipedia