The offerings from the company that started as a manufacturer of photographic films, which it still produces, include: document solutions, medical imaging and diagnostics equipment, cosmetics, pharmaceutical drugs, regenerative medicine, stem cells, biologics manufacturing, magnetic tape data storage, optical films for flat-panel displays, optical devices, photocopiers and printers, digital cameras, color films, color paper, photofinishing and graphic arts equipment and materials.
(WOWTIMES) Fujifilm’s history and achievements
- 1934: Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd., established, based on a government plan to establish a domestic photographic film manufacturing industry. The new company inherited the split-off photographic film operations of Dainippon Celluloid Company Limited.
- 1958: Established Fuji Photo Film do Brasil Ltda. as a subsidiary in Brasil
- 1965: Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc. (currently FUJIFILM U.S.A., Inc.)established in New York State to comprehensively manage business in North America
- 1966: Fuji Photo Film (Europe) GmbH (currently FUJIFILM Europe GmbH) established in Düsseldorf to comprehensively manage business in Europe
- 1982: Netherlands-based Fuji Photo Film B.V. (currently FUJIFILM Manufacturing Europe B.V.) established as the Fujilm Group's principal manufacturing company in Europe
- 1990: Fuji Xerox obtained marketing rights for Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, and Malaysia from Rank Xerox Limited (currently Xerox Limited)
- 2000: Fuji Xerox acquired business rights in China from U.S.-based Xerox Corporation and initiated operations in China
- 2006: FUJIFILM Advanced Research Laboratories established
- 2009: FUJIFILM Drug Discovery Research Laboratories established
- 2010: Fuji Xerox Vietnam Company Limited established. Established FUJIFILM Middle East FZE as a subsidiary in Dubai
- 2010s: Fuji established many subsidiaries in SEA, Turkey, South America,...
- 2021: Changed the company name of Fuji Xerox to FUJIFILM Business Innovation
- 2022: FUJIFILM Business Innovation completed the acquisition of HOYA Digital Solutions Corporation to launch FUJIFILM Digital Solutions Co., Ltd.
The new millennium witnessed the rapid spread of digital technology, and demand for photographic films plunged in line with the growing popularity of digital cameras. In response, Fuji Photo implemented management reforms aimed at drastic transformation of its business structures. Even as early as the 1980s, the company had foreseen the switch from film to digital, so "it developed a three-pronged strategy: to squeeze as much money out of the film business as possible, to prepare for the switch to digital and to develop new business lines."
According to Wikipedia; fujifilm