It designs, develops and provides computer hardware, related products and services, including laptops, desktops, motherboards, graphics cards, all-in-one PCs, servers, industrial computers, PC peripherals, car infotainment products, etc.
The company has been a sponsor for a number of esports teams and is also the host of the international gaming event MSI Masters Gaming Arena (formerly known as MSI Beat IT).
The company has branch offices in the Americas, Europe, Asia, Australia and South Africa. As of 2015, the company has a global presence in over 120 countries.
The company's milestones:
- In 1986: The company was founded by 5 people Hsu Xiang, Huang Jinqing, Lin Wentong, Yu Xian'nengyu and Lu Qilong.
- In 1988: MSI moved its production facility to Ho-Ping W. Rd. Taipei, Taiwan; Announced the 386DX mainboards.
- In 1991: Announced the 486 and 586 mainboards.
- In 1995: Obtained TUV ISO 9002:1994 quality management system certification.
- In 1997:
Inaugurated the MSI Plant I in Jung-He, the suburb of Taipei.
Announced the 1st Graphics Card and Barebone product.
- In 1998:
Announced the industry's 1st mainboard designed for Socket 7 processor, which supports 100MHz FSB..
Announced industry's 1st mainboard designed to support Dual PentiumR II processor.
- In 2000: Established MSI Computer (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd.
- In 2001: Inaugurated its EU Hub in Netherlands.; Established China service center in Shanghai.; Announced the 1st Optical Device product.
- In 2002: Announced the world's 1st PC2PC WLAN mainboard and the world's 1st PC2PC Bluetooth mainboard.
- In 2003: Announced the 1st Notebook product and the 1st Pen Tablet PC product..
- In 2004: Announced the 1st Portable Multimedia Player produc.
- In 2006: Announced the world's 1st Pocket Size DTV.
- In 2007:
Announced the world's 1st overclocking notebook.
Announced the 1st double-wheel and smart video & music interactive navigation service robot.
- In 2008: Announced the world's 1st Hybrid Storage Netbook.
- In 2009: Announced the world's power-saving No. 1 Netbook and the 1st Ultra Slim Notebook..
- In 2011: MSI Won one of Top 100 Taiwan Brands Distinguished among 500 brands..
- In 2012: MSI X79 Series Mainboards break the World Record of 170MHz Base Clock and 5.83GHz CPU Clock of Sandy.
- In 2015: Honored as World’s 4th Best Laptop Brand of 2015 and NO.1 in Ranking of Asian Brands. MSI Proudly Recognized by Laptop Magazine..
- In 2016: MSI GAMING notebook won Readers' Choice Awards 2016.
- In 2017:MSI launched "Join the Dragon" team sponsorship program to discover talented eSports teams.
- In 2018:MSI was rated the Best Gaming Laptop Brand of 2018 by Laptop Mag.
- In 2019:MSI and Ubisoft jointly presented Ambient Link (synchronized game lighting) on Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Tom Clancy's The Division 2.
- In 2020: MSI unveiled a new line of business-oriented laptops under the "Modern", "Prestige", and "Summit" lines, and a new logo specific to these models
According en.wikipedia.org, msi.com