The company was founded in 1932 by Jan Boone in a small bakery in Lembeke, Belgium. The original recipe for the Lotus Biscoff cookie was created using carefully selected natural ingredients. Lotus Bakeries has remained a family-owned business and is still headquartered in Lembeke today.
In addition to Lotus Biscoff cookies, the company also produces a variety of other snacks, including Nakd, TREK, BEAR, Kiddylicious, and Dinosaurs. Lotus Bakeries has production facilities in Belgium, the Netherlands, France, Sweden, South Africa, and the US. It is active in about 70 countries in Europe, America, and Asia.
(Wowtimes)Lotus Bakeries‘History andAchievements
- 1932: The company was founded in Lembeke by the brothers Jan, Emiel and Henri Boone. Jan named it Lotus, after the flower that symbolizes purity.
- 1956: The very first Lotus biscuit was introduced in the food industry as the biscuit to be served with coffee. It's an instant hit because tastewise, coffee, and the caramelized biscuit have complementary taste profiles.
- 1960: Lotus Biscoff's popularity rises far beyond the borders and is distributed to our neighboring countries.
- 1974: Lotus merged with Corona and then also included cakes and pastries within its product range. Prepackaged pastries experienced rapid growth at that time.
- 1980: Lotus Bakeries introduced its unique flavor to the Asian market.
- 1986: The Speculoos cookie was branded Lotus Biscoff, a brand name launched and gradually introduced in all countries.
- 1988: Lotus bakeries was listed on the Brussels Stock Exchange, with the Boone & Stevens family as shareholders.
- 1990: Biscoff was first exported to the US via Airlines.
- 1998: Lotus Bakeries reaches a new milestone in terms of turnover, for the first time exceeding EUR 100 million.
- 2000: Biscoff's first export into the Middle East.
- 2006: Lotus integrated delicious gingerbread into its range of specialties.
- 2014: With its own sales office in China and South Korea, Lotus continued its strong presence and growth in the Asian market.
- 2015: Lotus Bakeries invested further in the healthy snacking segment with the acquisition of BEAR, a kid's fruit snacking brand that offers natural snacks made from pure fruit.
- 2018: Lotus Bakeries invested in nutritious, delicious, portion-controlled snacks and meals for growing babies, toddlers and preschoolers.
- 2019: Lotus Biscoff Ice cream was launched internationally. First factory opened in the US.
- 2022: Lotus Bakeries invested more in healthy and delicious sourdough crackers, crispbreads, and crisps made from only natural ingredients.
According to Wikipedia