Bajaj Auto Limited is an Indian multinational automotive manufacturing company based in Pune. It manufactures motorcycles, scooters, and auto rickshaws. Bajaj Auto is a part of the Bajaj Group.
Bajaj Auto is the world's third-largest manufacturer of motorcycles and the second-largest in India. It is the world's largest three-wheeler manufacturer. In December 2020, Bajaj Auto was the world's most valuable two-wheeler company.
(Wowtimes)Bajaj Auto’sHistory andAchievements
- 1945: Bajaj Auto was established as M/s Bachraj Trading Corporation Private Limited.
- 1948: Bajaj commenced sales of imported two & three wheelers from Vespa
- 1959: Bajaj obtained the license to manufacture two & three-wheelers. Changed company name to Bajaj Auto Private Ltd
- 1960: Bajaj became a public company
- 1969: Produced its 1,00,000th scooter
- 1971: Introduced three–wheeled goods carrier. Started independent production – under the Bajaj brand
- 1973: Began exports of scooters & 3 wheelers to Nigeria, Bangladesh, Australia, Sudan, Bahrain, Hong Kong, and Yemen
- 1977: Introduced rear-engine auto rickshaw. Sold 100,000 vehicles in one financial year
- 1986: Introduced the Bajaj M–80. Sold 500,000 vehicles in a single financial year
- 1995: Received ISO-9001 certification from BVQI
- 2001: Began Motorcycle exports
- 2006: Launched Bajaj Platina motorcycle
- 2008: Bajaj exported more than half a million motorcycles in a single year
- 2011: Bajaj exported more than a million motorcycle in a single year
- 2012: Bajaj tied up with Japan’s Kawasaki in Indonesia for Distribution
- 2015: Bajaj launched India’s first Quadricycle, Qute. With this Bajaj now has created a separate category of vehicles called Intra-city Vehicles.
- 2017: Bajaj Auto and Triumph Motorcycles Ltd teamed up to build mid-capacity motorcycles.
- 2020: Bajaj launched its first electric scooter, the Chetak. Bajaj became the world's most valuable two-wheeler company.
- 2023: Bajaj Auto Limited has had a strong year in 2023, with sales and profits growing steadily. The company has benefited from a recovery in the domestic motorcycle market and strong demand for its exports.
According to Wikipedia