TCL Technology (originally an abbreviation for Telephone Communication Limited) is a Chinese electronics company headquartered in Huizhou, Guangdong Province. TCL Technology's business structure is focused on three major sectors: semiconductor display, semiconductor and semiconductor photovoltaic, industrial finance and capital.
TCL Technology designs, develops, manufactures, and sells consumer products including television sets, mobile phones, air conditioners, washing machines, refrigerators, and small electrical appliances. In 2010, it was the world's 25th-largest consumer electronics producer. It became the second-largest television manufacturer by market share by 2019.
(Wowtimes) TCL’s history and achievements
- 1981: The company was founded under the brand name TTK as an audio cassette manufacturer.
- 1985: The company changed its brand name to TCL by taking the initials from Telephone Communication Limited.
- 1992: TCL went public on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange.
- 1999: TCL entered the Vietnamese market.
- 2003: TCL and Vantiva of France announced the creation of a joint venture to produce televisions and DVD players worldwide.
- 2004: TCL and Alcatel announced the creation of a mobile phone manufacturing joint venture: Alcatel Mobile.
- 2007: TCL announced that its mobile phone division planned to cease using the Alcatel brand and switch entirely to the TCL brand within five years.
- 2008: Samsung Electronics announced that it would be outsourcing the production of some LCD TV modules to TCL.
- 2011: TCL launched the China Smart Multimedia Terminal Technology Association in partnership with Hisense Electric Co. and Sichuan Changhong Electric Co., with the aim of helping to establish industry standards for smart televisions.
- 2016: TCL reached an agreement with BlackBerry Limited to produce smartphones under the BlackBerry brand, under BlackBerry Mobile.
- 2019: TCL was split into TCL Technology Group Corporation (TCL Technology) and TCL Industrial Holdings (TCL Industrials).
- 2021: TCL released their first own-branded Android phone, called the TCL Plex. TCL partnered with Google to launch the TCL Google TV.
- 2022: TCL launched its first micro-LED television
According to Wikipedia