Ichibanya Co., Ltd. is a Japanese food services company based in Ichinomiya, Aichi. ICHIBANYA Co., Ltd. owns the top curry rice restaurant chain in Japan, Curry House CoCo ICHIBANYA or usually just CoCo ICHIBAN or CoCo ICHI.
The chain owns both direct and franchise restaurants in a total of eleven countries: United States, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Vietnam, the United Kingdom, the Philippines, Japan, and India.
The company also operates 25 restaurants in Japan under the name Pasta de Coco. It sells a pasta dish which is a kind of spaghetti with a starchy sauce known as Ankake spaghetti. This dish is one of the distinctive foods of the Nagoya metropolitan area.
(Wowtimes) Ichibanya’s history and achievements
- 1978: The first restaurant, Curry House CoCo Ichibanya, was opened in Nagoya
- 1982: Ichibanya was founded on 1 July
- 1994: Ichibanya opened the 300th restaurant. Ichibanya’s restaurants are presented in all 47 prefectures in Japan. CoCo Ichi Hawaii Inc opened the first oversea base restaurant in Hawaii.
- 2000: The company began offering the company’s stock through over-the-counter trading.
- 2004: Ichibanya opened the first restaurant in China.
- 2005: Ichibanya opened the first restaurant in Taiwan.
- 2008: Ichibanya moved into the South Korea market by opening its first restaurant there.
- 2011: Curry House CoCo Ichibanya was opened in California as the first restaurant in the mainland of the United State. The first Ichibanya restaurant in Singapore was opened.
- 2015: Ichibanya moved into Malaysia and the Philippines market.
- 2018: The first Ichibanya’s restaurant in Vietnam was opened in Landmark 81. Ichibanya brand presented in the UK
- 2020: Ichibanya opened Cyber Hub Store Curry House CoCo Ichibanya as the first restaurant in India
According to Wikipedia/ ichibanya