Gategroup is the parent company of the brands Supplair, Performa, Pourshins, Gate Aviation, potmstudios, Gate Safe, deSter, Harmony, eGate Solutions and Elan, as well as 10 other subsidiaries from the catering or food-related sector. The core of Gategroup's activities is its subsidiary Gate Gourmet.
Its headquarters are in Glattbrugg, Switzerland, near Zurich Airport. In addition, Gategroup has 2 other headquarters located in Reston, Virginia, USA and London, UK.
As of 2018, Gategroup has more than 43,000 employees working in more than 200 facilities in 60 countries.
The company's milestones:
- In 1992: Gate Gourmet was founded by Swissair Catering.
- In 1994: Gate Gourmet's size doubled with the acquisition of SAS Service Partners and became the third largest airline catering company worldwide..
- In 1999: Company merged with Dobbs International Services.
- In 2002: Swissair sold Gate Gourmet to investment firm Texas Pacific Group.
- In 2003: Acquisition of the remaining 70% of Iber-Swiss catering services from Iberia.
- In 2009: Gategroup has been listed on SIX Swiss Exchange with code GATE.
- In 2010: The company acquired Cara Airline Solutions, the catering business from Cara Operations, thus investing in airline catering services in Canada..
- In 2011: The gateOPEX program is launched for catering operations to drive sustainable cost, quality, reliability, and safety..
- In 2013: Gategroup expanded its presence in Asia Pacific by integrating Qantas' Q Catering assets in Sydney and Cairns. The company also took over the business of Pacific Flight Catering in New Zealand.
- In 2016:
Complete acquisition of Swedish travel retail specialist Inflight Service Group (IFS).
HNA Group, China's leading company in aviation, tourism, logistics and financial services, acquired Gategroup.
- In 2018: Gategroup co-founded the Airline Catering Association (ACA), which is based in Brussels, Belgium.
- In 2019: Gategroup reached an agreement for a takeover of the European business of Deutsche Lufthansa AG subsidiary LSG Group, to include LSG's on-board operating business in Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Italy and Spain, as well as its global equipment business under the Spiriant brand, its European convenience food business, train catering, lounges and Lufthansa employee markets under the Ringeltaube brand.
- In 2020:Gategroup announced the completion of the acquisition of LSG Group's European business from Deutsche Lufthansa AG
According to gategroup.com, en.wikipedia.org