The company has more than 100 member companies such as Shihlin Paper, Taian Insurance, Eight Immortals Paradise, Epistar, Singapore United Technology, etc.
Currently, this is the third-largest shipping company in Taiwan and the 11th-largest shipping company in the world, with a fleet of 72 vessels and a capacity of roughly 180,000 TEUs. Along with Evergreen Shipping and Yangming Shipping, it is also known as "Taiwan's three container heroes".
In recent years, the company has continuously opened new transport routes, mainly operating in the Asian.
The company's milestones:
- In 1965: WAN TWO Steamship Co., LTD. was established by Chen Yong , Lin Baishou and others on Feb 24.
- In 1969: WAN HAI's first time ever new built log ship M.V. CHANG CHUN deployed to Japan / Taiwan and Southeast Asia service.
- In 1976: The first Full-container vessel M.V. MING CHUN was deployed to Taiwan / Japan service which initiated WAN HAI's full container liner service.
- In 1978: WAN HAI Kaohsiung office was founded.
- In 1982: The first batch of new 20ft container 1,300 units were procured; Wan Hai act as Taiwan agent for Hoegh-Ugland Auto Liners , A/S.
- In 1983: Established a Liaison Office in Taichung. Act as agent for HUAL in Taiwan.
- In 1988: Commenced Taiwan / Korea service.
- In 1989: Commenced Singapore / Malaysia service and Thailand service.
- In 1990: Commenced Indonesia and Philippines services.
- In 1991: Cross-charter arrangement with MAIN GROUP for Japan / Taiwan and Taiwan / Southeast Asia service.
- In 1992: Established WAN HAI Thailand branch office. Commenced Manila, Thailand and Indonesia service with YML.
- In 1993: Commenced Vietnam service; Appointed as the general agency in Taiwan of Clan S.A andgeneral agent for World Logistics Service (U.S.A) Inc.
- In 1995: Commenced Tianjin / Busan / Hong Kong / Southeast Asia service with Tientsin Marine Shipping Company.
- In 1996: WAN HAI listed on the first board to Taiwan Stock Exchange; Commenced Vietnam-Haiphong service and India service.
- In 1997: Commenced Japan / Singapore / Malaysia Super Express service with APL and HMM and commenced Taiwan / Hong Kong / Xiamen service.
- In 1998: Commenced 2 routes to the Middle East with HMM.
- In 1999: Commenced China-Middle East service with OOCL.
- In 2001: Commenced China / Southeast Asia service and China / American West Coast service.
- In 2002: Set up India subsidiary company.
- In 2003: Established WAN HAI Charity Foundation.
- In 2004: Commenced Far East / Europe service with PIL.; Established subsidiary company in Germany; Commenced China / North America Southern West Coast II (CTP II) service with CMA CGM & NORASIA.
- In 2007: Commenced China / Red Sea service and China / Black Sea service.
- In 2008: Commenced the first feeder service in the Middle East.
- In 2009: Commenced Singapore / Malaysia / India (SC1) service with BTL.
- In 2010: Commenced Asia / South America East Coast service with CCNI, HANJIN, Hapag-Lloyd and ZIM.
- In 2011: KStarted a new container terminal in Cai-Mep area, Vietnam with HANJIN , MOL and SNP; Commenced Taiwan / Madras Direct service with EMC and IAL and Japan / Taiwan / Indonesia (JTI) service with IAL.
- In 2014: Launched Far East to Pakistan / Mundra Express Service with Coscon SEA, China Shipping and PIL.
- In 2015: Launched Independent South China-Vietnam-Malaysia Service; Won the Award of ''Asian Freight, Logistics and Supply Chain Awards 2015''.
- In 2016: Launched China / India Service II (CI2) jointly with IAL, PIL and MOL; Launched Japan / India Service (CHS3) jointly with MOL.
- In 2017: WAN HAI Lines enhances China / Southeast Asia Service Network; Launched Independent Cambodia Service.
- In 2019: Transpacific Service Enhancement; Launched Independent China-Philippines Express Service (CPX); Enhance China to Vietnam and Cambodia Services Coverage(CVK).
- In 2020: Launched Taiwan to Vietnam and Thailand Services Coverage.
- In 2021: Established Maritime Express Service Zone at Port of Kaohsiung;Launched Independent AS1 Service; Launched Independent AA1/AA2/AA3/AA5 Service.
- In 2022: Launched Independent CI7 Express Service.
According to en.wikipedia.org, wanhai.com