Vontobel group's core businesses are Wealth Management, Asset Management and Digital Investing, catering to wealthy private clients as well as institutional investors. As of August 2021, Vontobel has over 2,000 employees across 26 worldwide locations.
The company's milestones:
.Friedrich Emil Haeberli establishes the brokerage firm Haeberli & Cie in Zurich
- In 1993: Majority stake purchased in Banque Tardy, de Watteville & Cie SA, Geneva.
- In 1995: Majority stake purchased in Bankhaus Berger & Comp. AG, Salzburg.
- In 1999: Name change from Bank J. Vontobel & Co. AG to Bank Vontobel AG..
- In 2000:
Name change from Bank J. Vontobel & Co. AG to Bank Vontobel AG.
Opening of Bank Vontobel (Liechtenstein) AG in Vaduz.
- In 2001: Founding of Vontobel Luxembourg SA, today named Vontobel Asset Management S.A., based in Luxembourg with branches in London, Madrid, Milan, Munich and Paris.
- In 2002: Opening of a branch of Bank Vontobel Österreich AG in Munich.
- In 2004:Expansion of cooperation between Vontobel and the Raiffeisen Group: Raiffeisen Switzerland Cooperative acquires a 12.5% stake in Vontobel Holding AG.
- In 2005:Founding of Vontobel Financial Products GmbH, Frankfurt.
- In 2006:Acquisition of the brokerage and corporate finance activities of Lombard Odier & Cie by Bank Vontobel AG.
- In 2007:Opening of a subsidiary of Vontobel Europe SA in London.
- In 2008: Mergered Vontobel Asset Management AG into Vontobel Bank AG. Founding of Vontobel Financial Products Ltd. in Dubai and Vontobel Asia Pacific Ltd. in Hong Kong.
- In 2009:Acquisition of Commerzbank (Switzerland) AG and integration into Bank Vontobel AG.
- In 2010:Opening of branches of Bank Vontobel AG in Basel and Bern.Founding of Vontobel Swiss Wealth Advisors AG in Zurich.
- In 2012:Founding of Vontobel Financial Products (Asia Pacific) Pte. Ltd. in Singapore and Vontobel Wealth Management (Hong Kong) Ltd. in Hong Kong.
- In 2014:Vontobel Swiss Wealth Advisors opens an office in Geneva.
- In 2015:Acquisition of majority stake in TwentyFour Asset Management LLP, London.
- In 2017:Vontobel Swiss Wealth Advisors opens a branch in New York.
- In 2018:Vontobel acquired Notenstein La Roche Privatbank AG.
- In 2019:Vontobel became client-centric pure buy-side Investment firm.
- In 2020:Vontobel opened Wealth Management advisory office in Milan.
- In 2021:Vontobel completed acquisition of TwentyFour Asset Management, London
- In 2022:Acquisition of UBS Swiss Financial Advisors (SFA)
According to vontobel.com, en.wikipedia.org