Rohto currently operates in three consumer segments: Beauty (through cosmetics), Health (through dietary supplements) and Healing (through over-the-counter medicines).
Rohto's famous product lines can be mentioned as Lipice, Oxy B, Rohto Eyedrops, Sunplay, BodyIce, Mentholatum, Selsun, Acnelogy.
The company has two factories, one in Tatsumi-nishi, Ikuno-ku, Osaka (headquarters) and the other in Iga-shi, Mie Prefecture. Research laboratories are located at three locations: headquarters, Iga City, and Kizugawa City, Kyoto Prefecture.
The company's milestones:
- In 1899: Shintendo Yamada Anmin Pharmacy founded.
- In 1909: Launched Rohto's first eye drops product..
- In 1931: Launched "Rohto Eye Drop" in a new and unique container which was the first of its kind, introducing an innovation in the eye drops market.
- In 1949: Rohto Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. established.
- In 1952: Launched "Rohto Peni-my" eye drops..
- In 1954: Launched "Siron" gastrointestinal medicine.
- In 1961: Rohto Pharmaceutical listed on the Second Section of Osaka Stock Exchange.
- In 1962: Launched "Pansiron" gastrointestinal medicine.
- In 1964: Launched "V Rohto" eye drops.
- In 1965: Yamada Swimming Club founded.
- In 1967: Launched "Pansiron G" gastrointestinal medicine.
- In 1970: Launched "Kodomo V Rohto,"an eye drops product for children.
-In 1973: Launched "Namida Rohto," an artificial tear eye drops product, in novel and innovative container was designed with the image of tears.
- In 1975: Acquired Mentholatum trademark rights from The Mentholatum Company, Inc. (USA). Launched "Mentholatum Ointment" and "Mentholatum Medicated Lip," a lip balm.
- In 1977: Yamada Science Foundation established.
- In 1979: Launched "Mentholatum Medicated Campus Lip," the first stick-type lip balm targeted the youth.
- In 1983: Launched Medicated "Campus Lip" lip balm.
- In 1985: Launched "Checker" pregnancy test kit.
- In 1987: Launched "Rohto Alguard" eye drops for allergic diseases and "Rohto Zi," which became synonymous with the youth eye drops products..
- In 1990: Launched Mentholatum AD Cream, a product that explore the middle-aged market with its feature of mitigating itchiness caused by dry skin.
- In 1991: Established The Mentholatum (Zhongshan) Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. in Zhongshan, Guangdong province, China.
- In 1993: Launched "Dotest hCG," a pregnancy test kit originally developed by Rohto, "Pansiron Now," a chewable-type gastrointestinal medicine and "SUNPLAY Sunscreen Cream".
- In 1995: Entered the new field of contact lens market with "Rohto C Cube," a contact lens care solution.
- In 1996: Established P.T. Rohto Laboratories Indonesia.
- In 1997: Thành lập Rohto-Mentholatum (Vietnam) Co., Ltd.
- In 1999: Ueno Techno Center completed, and began operation of eye drops production, R&D and logistics hub.
- In 2001: Launched functional skincare brand "Obagi."
- In 2003: Launched a sensitive skincare brand "Promedial.".
- In 2004: Launched basic skincare brand "Hada-labo."
- In 2006: Opened "Rohto Research Village Kyoto" laboratory in Kyoto, Japan. Launched "OXY" as a men's skincare brand in Japan.
- In 2009: Launched a high-end skincare brand "Episteme."
- In 2010: Established Rohto Pharma (India) Pvt. Ltd. and Rohto-Mentholatum (Bangladesh) Ltd.
- In 2011: Set up the "Earthquake Reconstruction Support Office" for children who lost their parents due to the disaster.
- In 2013: Opened a restaurant-deli-cafe “Shunkoku Shunsai” in the “Grand Front Osaka” building in front of the JR Osaka Station.
- In 2014: Launched a new skincare brand, “SUGAO” and another skincare brand, “CareCera.”
- In 2015: Acquired the share of Mayado Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- In 2016: Acquired A.J. North (Pty) Ltd, a manufacturer of toiletries in the South African Republic, and OPHTHALMOS S.A., an eye drops manufacturer in Brazil.
- In 2017: Introduced “Allowance to Support Child-Raising” for single mothers and fathers.
- In 2018: Released “ReGRO EX” a hair-growing agent for men.
- In 2020: Acquired the shares and the management rights of Nitten Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
According to rohto.co.jp, ja.wikipedia.org