Blue Dart Express is an Indian logistics company that provides courier delivery services. It is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It has a subsidiary cargo airline, Blue Dart Aviation that operates in South Asian countries. Blue Dart Express, integrated transportation & distribution company, offers secure and reliable delivery of consignments to over 55,400+ locations in India.
Blue Dart can access the largest and most comprehensive express and logistics network worldwide, covering over 220 countries and territories, and offers an entire spectrum of distribution services including air express, freight forwarding, supply chain solutions, customs clearance, etc.
(Wowtimes)Blue Dart’s history andachievements
- 1983: Three young entrepreneurs, Clyde Cooper, Tushar Jani and Khushroo Dubash, founded Blue Dart
- 1984: Blue Dart Courier Services becomes the first carrier in India to provide domestic and international on-board couriers, a hub-and-spoke system, and offers 10.30 a.m. delivery service.
- 1988: Real-time, online tracking of all international shipments were introduced by Blue Dart Courier Services, offering customers control of their shipments like never before.
- 1994: Blue Dart Express Ltd. goes public. Blue Dart Express Ltd., launched Dart Apex (Domestic Air Package Express), a multi-modal, premium package delivery service, and Cosmat-IITM, an advanced system that includes track and trace.
- 1996: Blue Dart Aviation launches India's first jet express airline.
- 2001: The company developed and launched technological and customer software namely MobileDart, On–Line Pick Up and ShipDart.
- 2002: The company entered into a sales alliance with DHL Worldwide Express. Blue Dart crossed 100,000 shipments per day.
- 2006: Blue Dart launches its unique SMS-based Mobile Tracking Service.
- 2009: Blue Dart earns the title of a 'Superbrand' for the 5th time in a row.
- 2010: Blue Dart reaches a new benchmark in quality service with an ISO 9001-2015 standards certification.
- 2011: Blue Dart launches Smart Truck, making logistics more time and cost-effective. It also launches its Carbon Neutral Service under the 'GoGreen' initiative.
- 2017: Ranked No.1 Best Multinational Workplaces in Asia 2017.
- 2019: Ranked No. 1 amongst Best Multinational Workplaces in Asia – GPTW Asia. Recognized as a Company with Great People Managers by Great Manager Institute & Forbes.
- 2021: Launched the first All Women Service Centre in Navi Mumbai
According to Wikipedia