Hakuhodo is an integrated marketing and innovation company with offices in 20 countries and regions, over 10,000 professionals working around the world, and is considered the world's third-largest advertising agency.
The term “Sei-katsu-sha” was coined by the company to emphasize the company's commitment to life's perspective, that each consumer is more than a shopper performing an economic function; they are individuals with heartbeats and distinct lifestyles. The term has also become the basis for Hakuhodo's thinking, planning, and brand building to this day.
The company’s milestones:
- January 1960: Announced the "Hakuhodo Declaration".
- September 1981: Hakuhodo Institute of Life and Living, Inc. established.
- July 1995: President Tokaibayashi presents "3P strategy" and "MD (market design) strategy".
- October 2001: Concluded a business alliance agreement with Daiko Advertising and Yomiko Advertising.
- May 2002: Declared "Power Brand Partner".
- June 2003:Received a special award at the 50th Anniversary Ceremony of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Advertising.
- October 2003: Hakuhodo DY Holdings Inc., a joint holding company, established with Daiko Advertising Inc.and Yomiko Advertising Inc. Hakuhodo made a fully owned subsidiary of Hakuhodo DY Holdings through a share transfer. Hakuhodo DY Media Partners Inc. established.
- February 2005: Hakuhodo DY Holdings listed on the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- In 2008: Moved the head office to Akasaka Biz Tower in Akasaka Sacas. Introduced new group mark and logo.
- April 2014: New shared vision, Inventing the future with sei-katsu-sha, formulated by Hakuhodo and Hakuhodo DY Media Partners.