BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd., or Jingdongfang, is a Chinese electronic components producer founded in April 1993.
BOE’s three businesses are Display and Sensor Devices, Smart Systems, and Healthcare Services. BOE’s display and sensor products are widely used in a broad spectrum of applications such as mobile phones, tablets, notebooks, monitors, TV, vehicle display, digital information display, healthcare, finance, and wearable devices. Smart systems provide IoT-integrated solutions for various industries such as new retail, transportation, finance, education, art, medical care, etc. Healthcare services combine medicine and life science and are committed to developing mobile healthcare, digital hospitals, regenerative medicine, and integrating BOE healthcare park resources.
BOE has manufacturing facilities located in Beijing, Hefei, Chengdu, Chongqing, Fuzhou, Mianyang, Wuhan, Kunming, Suzhou, Ordos, and Gu'an. BOE has global marketing and R&D centers in 19 countries, such as Japan, South Korea, Singapore, the United States, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, India, Russia, Brazil, and Dubai.
(Wowtimes) BOE’s history and achievements
- 1993: Beijing Oriental Electronics Group Co., Ltd was founded by Wang Dongsheng
- 1997: Beijing Oriental Electronics listed B shares on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange.
- 2001: Beijing Oriental Electronics was renamed BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd. BOE acquired SK Hynix's STN-LCD and OLED businesses for US$22.5 million. The company issued additional A shares in Shenzhen Stock Exchange.
- 2009: BOE Energy Technology Co., Ltd was founded to enter the photovoltaic industry.
- 2011: BOE established a Japan branch and R&D center in Tokyo.
- 2012: BOE established an American branch and R&D center in Santa Clara in Silicon Valley, California.
- 2014: BOE established a subsidiary in Frankfurt, Germany.
- 2016: BOE acquired automotive displays maker Varitronix and set up a subsidiary in New Delhi, India.
- 2017: BOE established its Middle East Branch in Dubai and set up a subsidiary based in São Paulo, Brazil. BOE also announced its plan to build a hospital in Chengdu which will be opened in late 2020.
- 2018: BOE established subsidiaries in Jakarta, Indonesia, and Johannesburg, South Africa. According to Sigmaintell Consulting, BOE overtook LG Display as the world's largest LCD TV and monitor producer with 54.3 million TV panels and 37.3 million monitor panels shipped.
- 2019: BOE formed a joint venture with Rohinni for MicroLED and mini LED backlighting manufacturing. According to IHS Markets, BOE had the second highest market share of the smartphone OLED panel market at 5.9%, only behind Samsung Displays. BOE also surpassed LG Display as the world's largest flat-panel display producer.
- 2021: BOE became an OLED supplier for Apple for the iPhone.
According to Wikipedia