Several of Square Enix's franchises have sold over 10 million copies worldwide after 2020, with Final Fantasy selling 168 million, Dragon Quest selling 84 million, and Kingdom Hearts shipping 35 million.
Square Enix's headquarter is located at Shinjuku Eastside Square Building in Shinjuku, Tokyo with more than 5,500 employees globally through subsidiaries. As of January 2022, the company's revenue reached 365.275 billion yen, with net income of 29.94 billion yen.
With the philosophy of “To spread happiness across the globe by providing unforgettable experiences”, Square Enix always provides high-quality content, services, and products to help customers create their own wonderful, unforgettable experiences, thereby allowing them to discover happiness all their own.
The company’s milestones:
- In 2003: Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. was established from the merger of two companies SQUARE CO., LTD. and ENIX CORPORATION. The company also moved its headquarters to Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo.
- In 2004:The Company applies a new management system to subsidiaries in North America and Europe renaming them to SQUARE ENIX, INC. and SQUARE ENIX LTD. to unify corporate brand names in the global market.
- In 2005:SQUARE ENIX (China) CO., LTD.(Beijing, China) is established as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company in January. In September, the Company acquired TAITO CORPORATION as a consolidated subsidiary.
- In 2006: In May, the company established SG Lab Inc. and StyleWalker, Inc., are officially enters the serious game business. By November, the company establishes SQUARE ENIX OF AMERICA HOLDINGS, INC. (Los Angels, California, U.S.A), a holding company to control management and operations of the Company's subsidiaries in North America.
- In 2008: In January, the company established SQUARE ENIX MobileStudio, CO., LTD. dedicated to the operation of content-related services. In February, the company established SMILE-LAB Co., Ltd. dedicated to the casual entertainment portal business. In October, the company changed its name to SQUARE ENIX HOLDINGS CO., LTD.
- In 2009:The Company acquired EIDOS PLC. as a wholly owned subsidiary.
- In 2010:The Company established SQUARE ENIX Business Support CO., LTD. as a special-purpose subsidiary based on the Act on Employment Promotion etc. of Persons with Disabilities, and it provides support services in various business operations of the Group companies.
- In 2011:hippos lab Co., Ltd. is launched as a wholly-owned subsidiary, providing high-quality original content mainly for smartphones.
- In 2012:Square Enix India Pvt. Ltd. established as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company.
- In 2014: Tokyo RPG Factory launched as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company.
- In 2018:Luminous Productions launched as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company.
- In 2019:Square Enix Pvt. Ltd. (former Square Enix India Pvt. Ltd) relaunched its businesses.
- March 2020:SQUARE ENIX AI & ARTS Alchemy Co., Ltd. established as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company.
According to hd.square-enix.com, en.wikipedia.org