Quantic Dream is famous for its "linear" game making style, which emphasizes the plot, high art and independent choices of individual players in the game. All Quantic Dream's games were written and directed by founder David Cage before programming.
Currently, the company has 5 video game names known to many gamers such as The Nomad Soul (1999), Fahrenheit (2005), Heavy Rain (2010), Beyond: Two Souls (2013) and Detroit: Become Human (2018).
The company’s milestones:
- In 1997: David Cage officially founded Quantic Dream SA - his own game development company, the company's name draws influence from the term "quantum physics"
- In 1999: After a period of development since 1994, "The Nomad Soul" was officially released, selling more than 600,000 copies.
- In 2004: Provides 'motion capture' for Immortal movies.
- In 2005: Released 'Fahrenheit' game published by Atari, Inc. The game then received many great awards and surpassed the one million mark sold.
- In 2010: Quantic Dream launched Heavy Rain, published by Sony Interactive Entertainment for the PlayStation 3 and 4. The critically acclaimed title won three awards at the 7th British Academy Games Awards and sold a total of 5.3 million copies.
- In 2012: Launched another PlayStation 3 tech demo called "Kara", laying the first foundations for the game "Detroit: Become Human".
- In 2013: Released the title "Beyond: Two Souls," starring actors Elliot Page and Willem Dafoe, which received mixed reviews from critics and sold 2.8 million copies.
- In 2018: After many years of development, "Detroit: Become Human"—the most cared for and largest invested in game by Quantic Dream—officially launched on PlayStation 4. The game won many prestigious awards and, at the same time, sold more than 2 million copies, becoming the most popular and successful game in the history of the company.
- In 2019: Internet technology group from China NetEase invested a huge amount of money in Quantic Dream. PC versions of Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human have all been released.
- In 2021: Quantic Dream opened the first studio in North America located in Montreal (Canada). In addition, it is also the first French video game company to be equipped with Dolby Atmos at the game factory.
According to en.wikipedia.org and quanticdream.com