Bandai Namco Holdings is structured into six product areas known as Content Units: Toys and Hobby (toys), Network Entertainment (video games), Real Entertainment (amusement parks), Visual and Music Production (anime and music albums), IP Creation (creation of new intellectual properties), and Affiliated Business (supporting companies).
The Network Entertainment Unit serves as the core area of the company, where it is led by Bandai Namco Entertainment, the company's video game publishing arm. As of 2017, Bandai Namco is the largest toy company in the world.
With the message "Fun for All into the Future", Bandai Namco hopes that the company will connect people and societies in the enjoyment of uniquely entertaining products and services as well as creating a brighter future for everyone.
The company’s milestones:
- September 2005: Namco Bandai Holdings was formed from the merger of toy maker Bandai and video game developer Namco.
- In 2006: BANDAI LOGIPAL INC. and NAMCO BANDAI Holdings (USA) Inc. - US regional holding company - was established. In March, NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. established. In September, BANDAI made CCP Co., Ltd., a subsidiary.
- In 2007: NAMCO Holdings UK Ltd. – Europe regional holding company– established in January.
- In 2008: BANDAI SOUTH ASIA PTE.,LTD. was established in February. In addition Bandai Visual Co.,Ltd. and Bandai Networks Co.,Ltd. made into full subsidiary through stock exchange in February. By April of the same year, BANDAI (SHENZHEN) CO.,LTD. established.
- In 2009: In March NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. acquired a majority stake in D3 Inc. and make it a subsidiary. By April, NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. and Bandai Networks Co., Ltd. merged. NAMCO BANDAI Partners SAS was transformed into a wholly owned subsidiary in July. In October NAMCO BANDAI Online Inc. was established and Bandai Corporation Mexico S.A.de C.V. was established in December.
- In 2010: NAMCO BANDAI Live Creative Inc. was established.
- In 2011: Banpresto Co., Ltd. and Bec Co., Ltd. merged to form B.B. Studio Co., Ltd.
- In 2012: NAMCO BANDAI Games' development division was split off to form NAMCO BANDAI Studios Inc.Gundam Front Tokyo, a leading-edge entertainment space based on the Gundam series, was opend.
- In 2013: NAMCO BANDAI Studio Inc. established subsidiaries in Singapore and Canada. In July, BANDAI PHILIPPINES INC. put a production site into operation. In October, Sun-Star Stationery Co., Ltd. become a subsidiary.
- In 2014:The English-language name of NAMCO BANDAI Holdings was changed to BANDAI NAMCO Holdings. Established PT BANDAI NAMCO INDONESIA in Indonesia.
- In 2015: In February, BANDAI NAMCO (SHANGHAI) CO., LTD. was established in Shanghai and the name of of BANDAI NAMCO Games Inc. changed to BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. By October of the same year, BANDAI NAMCO INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED was established.
- In 2016:BANDAI NAMCO Holdings ASIA CO., LTD., became the regional holding company.
- In 2017: BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. and Drecom Co., Ltd. cooperated to establish BXD Inc.; BANDAI NAMCO Holdings CHINA CO., LTD. was also established in China this year.
- April 2018: BANDAI SPIRITS CO., LTD. established; Lantis Co., Ltd. integrated with BANDAI VISUAL CO., LTD. and the company name of BANDAI VISUAL CO., LTD. was changed to BANDAI NAMCO Arts Inc.; the company name of NAMCO LIMITED was changed to BANDAI NAMCO Amusement Inc.
- October 2018: Establishment of BANDAI NAMCO Amusement Lab Inc. Transfer of BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.’s amusement machine business; Establishment of BANDAI NAMCO Network Services Inc. to operate the network service, etc.; Establishment of BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles LLC, which handles sales of products for the mature fan base, etc., in the toys and hobby business in Americas.
- Năm 2019: Established BANDAI NAMCO Research Inc. and BANDAI NAMCO Sevens Inc. in April. In the same month, BANDAI SPIRITS CO., LTD. and BANPRESTO CO., LTD. merged. By October, BANDAI NAMCO Mobile S.L. was established in Spain to handle development, operation, and marketing of mobile content for Europe and the Americas. In October, SHUEISHA BANDAI NAMCO (SHANGHAI) CO., LTD. was established through joint investment by BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc. and SHUEISHA Inc.
- Năm 2021: BANDAI NAMCO Group implemented a reorganization from the previous 5-Unit system to a 3-Unit system.
- Năm 2022: Company logo redesign.
According to bandainamco.co.jp and en.wikipedia.org