Asics is a Japanese multinational corporation which produces sportswear. The name is an acronym for the Latin phrase anima sana in corpore sano (translated by Asics as "a sound mind, in a sound body").
Products manufactured and marketed by Asics include footwear (sneakers, sandals), clothing (T-shirts, jackets, hoodies, swimwear, compression garments, pants, socks), and accessories (bags, backpacks, caps).
(Wowtimes)ASICS’s history andachievements
- 1949: After returning home from the war in 1945, Mr. Kihachiro Onitsuka established ONITSUKA Shokai in Kobe. In the same year, the company was reorganized as ONITSUKA Co., Ltd. with two employees
- 1950: A Basketball shoe was the first sports athletic shoe made by ONITSUKA Co., Ltd.
- 1952: Kazuma Usui established Usui Meriyasu Works, the forerunner of JELENK Co., Ltd., in Takefu City, Fukui Prefecture
- 1954: The durable, water-resistant, lightweight material Nylon was used in shoes for the first time.
- 1960: Inspired by the example of air-cooled motorcycle engines, MAGIC RUNNER shoes were created, incorporating an air vent system that circulates air in the shoe.
- 1966: Clarino synthetic leather was used in athletic shoes for the first time. The Mexico line appeared on products.
- 1969: The CORTEZ training shoe, later renamed the TIGER CORSAIR, was introduced on the United States market, where there was demand for a shoe with better cushioning.
- 1975: Onitsuka Tiger GmbH was established in Germany.
- 1977: The three companies ONITSUKA Co., Ltd., GTO Co., Ltd., and JELENK Co., Ltd. merged as equals to form "ASICS Corporation", a general sporting goods company.
- 1981: ASICS Tiger Corporation was established in Irvine, California.
- 1986: ASICS Tiger Oceania Pty. Ltd. was established as a local subsidiary in Sydney, Australia.
- 1990: The ASICS Research Institute of Sports Science, built for the purpose of carrying out research and development of sports gear, was completed in Kobe City.
- 1992: A stylized letter 'a', the initial letter of ASICS, was adopted as a motif intended to express the idea of unlimited speed and the dynamism of sports. Its spiral structure evoked how the related businesses all rotate around the axis of ASICS core competence.
- 1994: ASICS Europe B.V. was established in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, as an overall controlling company for the many bases that were established in Europe.
- 2003: First directly managed store ONITSUKA TIGER TOKYO opened. After that, stores opened one after another in Paris, London, Berlin, Amsterdam, and other cities.
- 2006: ASICS STORE TOKYO, world's first ASICS brand store, opened
- 2017: ASICS announces the opening of ONITSUKA TIGER Omotesando NIPPON MADE in Tokyo. The store is the world's first NIPPON MADE series retail store under the ONITSUKA TIGER brand.
- 2019: ASICS operated new low-oxygen training center. It offers a swimming pool, running lanes, a training gym, and other facilities, and athletes are able to train under low-oxygen conditions for track and field, swimming, and other sports competitions.
According to Wikipedia/ asics