The BSH product range includes large home appliances for cooking, dish-washing, laundry (washing, drying and folding), refrigeration and freezing, as well as a multitude of small appliances, such as fully automatic espresso machines, floor care and hot water appliances (consumer products).
Today, BSH operates some 40 factories in Europe, the USA, Latin America and Asia. Together with a global network of sales, production, and service companies, the BSH conglomerate today is made up of about 80 companies in 50 countries, with a total workforce of about 62,000 people.
BSH Hausgeräte GmbH was founded as a joint venture between Robert Bosch in Stuttgart and Siemens Munich. At that time, BSH maintained factories in Berlin, Giengen, and Traunreut, Germany.
(Wowtimes) BSH’s history andachievements
- 1967: Bosch and Siemens merged their household appliance operation, creating a 50-50 joint venture originally called Bosch-Siemens Hausgeräte GmbH (BSH).
- 1976: The company’s first move outside its home country was made. BSH acquired Pitsos in Athens, Greece.
- 1978: The parent companies Bosch and Siemens made BSHG an independent company. The opening of the central BSHG administration building in Munich Hochstraße represented a clearly visible sign of the merger. The company came into the national growth era.
- 1984: The internationalization of the company started. The initial strategy centered around the founding of the sales and customer service companies in Europe: 1984 and 1986 in Great Britain and Spain, 1985 and 1987 in France and 1987 in Greece and Norway.
- 1985: BSH presents the first dishwasher with AquaStop technology, which prevents water damage from burst or detached hoses or hose leaks.
- 1993: BSH increased its holdings in the small home appliances sector with its takeover of the Kleingerätefabrik MGA Mali Gospodinski Aparati small appliance factory in Nazarje, Slovenia.
- 1994: BSH founded the BSW Household Appliances Co. in China as a joint venture with the Wuxi Little Swan Group and began manufacturing and selling washing machines in Wuxi. Following successful entry into the Chinese market, the company began to expand its market presence in the Pacific region.
- 1995: Production of washers began in China--the first moved into that market.
- 1996: BSY Cooling Appliances Co., Ltd. was founded in China, which today operates under the name BSH Home Appliances Co., Ltd.
- 1997: BSH's first United States production plant began operating in New Bern, North Carolina.
- 2001: BSH established BHST Washing Appliances Ltd. in Kabinburi, Thailand.
- 2010: BSH Home Appliances Saudi Arabia LLC was founded in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. BSH began stepping up its involvement in the Arab world, thus developing a strong international network over the years that guaranteed financial security and economic success.
- 2013: The cornerstone was laid for the first BSH factory in India, which opened in 2014 in Chennai.
- 2015: Siemens sold all its shares in their joint enterprise to Bosch. The company’s name was changed to BSH Hausgeräte GmbH.
- 2021: The first ever portable fabric refresher FreshUp from BSH was launched that removes odours with plasma technology.
According to Wikipedia