MOS Food Services, Inc., doing business as MOS Burger (which stands for "Mountain Ocean Sun"), is an international fast-food restaurant chain (fast-casual) from Japan. Its headquarters are in the ThinkPark Tower in Ōsaki, Shinagawa, Tokyo.
MOS Burger owns numerous overseas outlets over East Asia, Southeast Asia and Oceania, including China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines and Australia. It is also the name of the standard hamburger offered by the restaurant, being its first product when it opened in 1972.
As of February2014 the publicly traded company runs 1,730 MOS Burger and several AEN, Chef's V and Green Grill stores. One slogan used within its stores is "Japanese Fine Burger and Coffee".
(Wowtimes)MOS’s history andachievements
- 1972: MOS FOOD SERVICES, INC. was established, and founder Satoshi Sakurada became representative director and president
- 1973: The first MOS BURGER franchise store opened in Aratama, Nagoya City
- 1977: MOS SUPPLY, INC. (now MHS, INC.), a subsidiary engaged in food hygiene inspection, was established
- 1983: The 200th MOS BURGER store, MOS BURGER Futenma, opened in Okinawa
- 1986: The first store with a drive-through, MOS BURGER Makiminato, opened in Okinawa. MOS became the first company in the food services industry to open stores in all 47 prefectures.
- 1988: Mos Food Services, Inc. shares were listed on the Second Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange
- 1991: Anshin Food Services Co., Ltd. opened its first MOS BURGER store on Xin Sheng South Road in Taipei, Taiwan. MOS Food Industry Corp. was established in Taipei, Taiwan
- 1992: Mos Foods Singapore Pte Ltd was established in Singapore
- 1996: The MOS Burger website was launched
- 2003: MOS Farm Internet Shopping site was launched on the Company website to market agricultural produce
- 2006: The first MOS Burger store in Hong Kong was opened in the food court of the APM shopping complex in Kwun Tong
- 2007: The first MOS Burger store in Thailand was opened in CentralWorld, a large-scale shopping center in Bangkok
- 2010: The first MOS Burger store in China, Siming South Road Store, opened in Xiamen, Fujian
- 2011: The first MOS BURGER store "Sunnybank Plaza" opened in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- 2015: Rolled out nationwide MOS Online Orders service, allowing customers to place orders over the Internet.
- 2018: Payment by credit card started to be accepted at MOS BURGER stores across Japan
- 2020: A plant-based burger omitting animal-derived ingredients and the "five pungent vegetables", "MOS PLANT-BASED GREEN BURGER" was introduced across nine locations in Tokyo and Kanagawa.
According to Wikipedia/ mos