The center receives budgetary support for its operations from the national government. It was constructed on public land donated by the National Housing Authority.
The Lung Center has a hospital bed capacity of 210.
The LCP was established on January 16, 1981, by President Ferdinand Marcos under Presidential Decree No. 1823 as a non-profit non-stock corporation.
The Lung Center was placed under the administration of the Department of Health by President Corazon Aquino on July 29, 1986. The purpose of its creation was to provide health care that specifically targets lung and pulmonary disease.
A fire on May 16, 1998, destroyed much of the LCP's build and equipment. The Lung Center of the Philippines was reopened on March 1, 1999, and a new LCP building partly funded by its fire insurance is now under construction.
The Lung Center runs one of three monitoring stations run under an air quality monitoring project in Metro Manila.
According to en.wikipedia.org