Based on the world record nomination from Europe Records Institute (EURI) and Decision No. WK/USA.INDIA/854/2022/No.312, World Records Union (WorldKings) officially declared Leipzig University as the "World's first psychology laboratory ".
The university was modelled on the University of Prague, from which the German-speaking faculty members withdrew to Leipzig after the Jan Hus crisis and the Decree of Kutná Hora. The Alma mater Lipsiensis opened in 1409, after it had been officially endorsed by Pope Alexander V in his Bull of Acknowledgment on (9 September of that year).
Leipzig University was one of the first German universities to allow women to register as "guest students". This was the year that the first woman in Germany obtained her JD, Johanna von Evreinov.
In 1879, Wilhelm Wundt founded the first official laboratory for psychological research at Leipzig University, and this event marked the official birth of psychology as an independent field of study.
Although the university did not initially recognize the lab as an official part of its campus, it received recognition in 1883. The laboratory grew and encompassed a total of eleven rooms, becoming the Institute of Psychology.
According to en.wikipedia.org