[RECORD NOMINATION] Australia Records Institute (AURI) – P13. Boddington gold mine (Australia) : The biggest gold mine in Australia.


(WorldKings.org) The Boddington Gold Mine is a gold and copper mine located 13 km (8.1 mi) northwest of Boddington, Western Australia. It is the biggest gold mine in Australia.



In the 2018 financial year, Boddington Gold Mine produced 709 thousand ounces (20.1 tonnes) of gold and 77 million pounds (35 thousand tonnes) of copper. Reserves at 31 December 2018 were reported as 12.4 million ounces (350 tonnes) of gold and 1,250 million pounds (570 thousand tonnes) of copper. At 2018 production rates, this equates to reserves for 17.5 years of gold production and 16.2 years of copper production. That is, until 27 June 2036 and 26 March 2035 respectively.




The $2.4 billion gold mine project was initially a three-way joint venture between Newmont Mining, AngloGold Ashanti and Newcrest Mining. In 2006, Newmont bought Newcrest’s 22.22% share, bringing its interest to 66.67% and ending any Australian ownership. AngloGold owned the remaining 33.33%. In June 2009, Newmont became the sole owner of the mine by acquiring the 33.3% interest of AngloGold. The original, mainly oxide open-pit mine was closed at the end of 2001.




The project has an attributable capital budget ranging between A$0.8 billion and A$0.9 billion. On 23 July 2009, the project, including the construction  the treatment plant, was completed. Production began in the third quarter of 2009. The first gold and copper concentrate was produced in August 2009. Average attributable gold production in the first five years will be 1Moz a year, while on an average life-of-mine basis, attributable production is estimated to be between 250,000oz and 270,000oz a year.




According to en.wikipedia and mining technology

Bee (Collect) - WORLDKINGS (Source of photos: Internet)


towerWorldKings journeys
CAMBODIA BOOK OF RECORDSWorld Records University