"Partridge" was built in 1885 at the Camper and Nicholson boatyard in Gosport, Hampshire, England, 'the oldest leisure marine company in the world'. The company was originally a shipyard in Gosport, Camper and Nicholson has since become a yacht and marina management company. Partridge is recognised as a UK National Historic Ship and was designed by John Beavor-Webb and launched on 2 June by Miss Nora Lapthorn.
The restoration process of Partridge began in 1979 when Alexander Laird received a letter from Peter Saxby to locate an ‘old sailing yacht’. Peter was to provide the funds and Alex Laird would restore it. Alex experienced his Eureka moment in the Tollesbury mud at the sight of the attractive outlines of the hull, which was salvaged and towed to a quayside in Tollesbury on the River Blackwater in Essex, England. From there she was craned out of the river at high tide and transported to the Isle of Wight.
Partridge was launched in 1998 and sailing trials, with new sails by Ratsey & Lapthorn (Partridge’s original sailmakers in 1885), were completed in the Solent with Partridge based at Cowes.
In 1999, after a summer of sailing in the Solent, Partridge was placed on a cargo ship and taken to the Mediterranean, being offloaded on the island of Mallorca. In August 1999 she won her first regatta at the Trofeo Almirante Conde de Barcelona in Palma and then went on to take first prize for best restoration at Monaco Classic Week and then first prize at Les Voiles de Saint Tropez.
In 2001 Partridge was shipped back to Cowes for the 150th anniversary of the first America’s Cup, the America’s Cup Jubilee regatta and she finished in third place in her class.
According to Wikipedia