Cineworld Glasgow Renfrew Street is a cinema on Renfrew Street, Glasgow, located in the north-east of the city center. It is adjacent to Buchanan Bus Station and the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, as well as being close to Sauchiehall Street and Buchanan Galleries. At 62 meters (203 feet) high, the building is currently the tallest cinema in the world.
The cinema was built on the site of The Glasgow Apollo (1973–1985), which was formerly Green's Playhouse (1927–1973). After the Apollo closed in June 1985, it was demolished in September 1987. The cinema was opened as the UGC Cinema in September 2001. In 2005, it became part of the Cineworld chain, when then-owners UGC sold all of its UK cinemas.
By 2003 it was the busiest cinema in the United Kingdom by admissions, having attracted over 1.8 million patrons that year. Cineworld Glasgow has 18 screens over 6 levels, and can accommodate more than 4,300 people. Its most distinctive feature is the huge glass curtain wall on the east face, which houses a system of criss-crossing escalators which are lit neon blue at night.
According to wikipedia