The history of Berli Juckerde begins in 1882, when the Swiss Albert Jucker from Winterthur and his cousin Henry Sigg established the company under the name "Jucker, Sigg & Co" This partnership led to one of the Siam's earliest and most successful trading companies. Albert Jucker died of cholera in Bangkok in 1885 and left his wife Paula and five children. She departed with her children for Switzerland, where they were raised and educated. In 1889, Swiss entrepreneur Albert Berli took over the company. In 1901 the sons of Jucker returned to Thailand and became partners of Berli. In 1924, the company's name changed to "Berli Jucker & Co"
The company originally engaged in rice milling, mining, timber, shipping, and import-export. Over the years it grew to become a major Thai import and export firm. After World War II, Berli Jucker diversified its operations into manufacturing, packaging, and distribution.
In 1965, the company was changed into a majority-owned Thai Limited Company. Due to its services, King Bhumibol Adulyadej granted the Royal Warrant in 1967, allowing the company to use the royal Garuda emblem. Berli Jucker Co, Ltd. was one of the first seven companies to be listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand in 1975.
In 1993, the company changed its status to a public company limited. Thai Charoen Corporation Group (TCC Group), one of Thailand's largest conglomerates engaging in alcohol beverages and related businesses, commercial trading, industrial production, property, and financial services, became in effect the majority shareholder in Berli Jucker in 2001.
Berli Jucker continued to grow, increasing its BJC Cellox capacity up to 45,000 tons per year by 2006, thus becoming the largest producer of tissue in Thailand. With more capital, it also acquired in 2007 a 50 percent stake in Thai Beverage Can Co., Ltd., Thailand's leading manufacturer of aluminium cans and can ends, and in the next year also acquired a 100 percent stake in Jacy Foods Snd Bhd, a Malaysian manufacturer and distributor of potato chips and extruded snacks both in its domestic market and other Asian countries, including Hong Kong, Singapore, the Philippines, and Brunei. By mid-2008, the company was also able to increase its production capacity of glass bottles by constructing a new furnace capable of producing 434 tons per day.
According to wikipedia