59. Erasmus University Rotterdam
Erasmus University Rotterdam (abbreviated as EUR, Dutch: Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam) is a public university located in Rotterdam, Netherlands. The university is named after Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus, a 15th-century humanist and theologian.
Erasmus MC is the largest and one of the foremost academic medical centers and trauma centers in the Netherlands, whereas its economics and business school, Erasmus School of Economics and Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University are well known in Europe and beyond. In 2013, Erasmus University Rotterdam was ranked among top ten business schools in Europe by Financial Times. In 2015, Erasmus University Rotterdam is ranked by Times Higher Education as 20th in Europe and 72nd in the world, with its social sciences as 40th, and clinical health as 35th in the world.
The university has seven faculties and focuses on the following four areas:
- Health – Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences/Erasmus MC and Institute of Health Policy & Management (iBMG)
- Wealth – Erasmus School of Economics and Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University
- Governance – Erasmus School of Law and Faculty of Social Sciences
- Culture – Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication, Faculty of Social Sciences and Faculty of Philosophy